Hi, quick update!
Tile placement is now working smoothly and relatively bug-free! I've spent most of the weekend rewriting/organizing the level editor code - in other words, refactoring. I've come to notice that the naming of variables and resources in the game is inconsistent, and that the style that I write in general is inconsistent. I am now being mindful of this issue, as it greatly contributes to workflow and the readability of the code.
The next goal is to incorporate saving, which shouldn't be too difficult, as I have completed most of the prerequisites to do so. Most of the tile data is already saved in several arrays and grids - I just need to harness them in one file!
More to come soon!
February's task is to improve the combat system and create a system for enemies and their AI.
The author of the blog is Alec. He posts weekly, usually on the weekends on Saturday.