Today, I primarily worked on the comminutor/pulverizer and power. Machines like the pulverizer require energy in the form of PW. They use up a certain amount of energy when crafting items, and when power runs out the machine cannot function. I have also decided to rename the pulverizer to the crusher.
Diving into the technical side of things, creating the pulverizer was relatively easy. I simply duplicated the furnace object and changed all the variables so that it would be separate from the furnace. I also added a separate slot for secondary output, as I would like to be able to have a small chance of outputting another item.
I plan to repeat this process for all of the many machines, and afterwards I can start creating hundreds of different recipes to make all of the content for Crevis!
After I finish all of the interfaces, I'm then going to create energy wires and implement metadata correctly (in the first draft of the inventory I added metadata support but didn't implement it correctly).
Until next time!
February's task is to improve the combat system and create a system for enemies and their AI.
The author of the blog is Niften, or Sour Apple. He posts weekly, usually on the weekends on Saturday.