After that long-needed break, I feel refreshed and ready to return to development! I finally found the cause of the major lag spikes, and its the way ini files are being loaded. In the game, chunks are writing and reading ini files every tick of the game which certainly isn't good. I've decided to use a much better method where there is an internal grid to store blocks which is loaded and saved when the world is loaded and saved. This will provide with a faster, more efficient way to load and save chunks.
Soon, I should have screenshots.
Until next time!
February's task is to improve the combat system and create a system for enemies and their AI.
The author of the blog is Niften, or Sour Apple. He posts weekly, usually on the weekends on Saturday.