Today, I tweaked many of the biomes. I made most of their elevations in the world consistent so that biomes like deserts don't tower over mountains. I also made empty oceans to be later filled with water. I also finished the mangrove biome and made a few more items to be accommodated within various biomes (mud, etc.).
I have also been working on moving away from alarms, because there are several limitations. For those of you that don't know what alarms are, alarms are GameMaker's way of timing things. You can initiate an alarm and give it a value, and it will count down from that value in milliseconds and execute a script. In my case, it executes breaking blocks.
Alarms require a minimum of six milliseconds to be initiated, which makes it impossible for me to create pickaxes that break blocks quickly. As a solution, I'm making my own timing system, which consists of a variable that counts down - more on this tomorrow.
Until next time!
November's monthly task is to finish the inventory rewrite (Crevis) and to begin drafting levels (Nesus).
The author of the blog is Niften, or Sour Apple. He posts daily near the end of the day, usually before 11:00 PM.